Dirty Girl Motor Racing...
Packing for a Motorcycle Tour
This article comes courtesy of another experienced touring rider, Mr Minimalist.
Motorcycle Touring - Minimalist Packing List
Packing List for a motorcycle trip, not including camping equipment
I have gone away for weeks on end with as little as this and had no troubles at all. The pack actually gets lighter as the days go by.
- Helmet (goes without saying)
- Tinted visor
- Lots of ear plugs (a pair per day)
- At least 2 pair of gloves (depending on the time of year this could be 3 or 4 pair)
- Suit and boots (wearing, not packing)
- Electric vest at all times (it can get chilly in the mountains, even in summer)
- Road Atlas (maps have become a thing of the past being replaced by a sense of adventure and a sometimes unreliable sense of direction)
- Tools: no tools other than what the bike came with (a good roadside assistance plan is invaluable) (and a credit card or cards)
- Shaving kit
- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 tee shirts - one long-sleeve (there is always the inevitable souvenir tee to take the place of the one that needs a wash - see socks and underwear below)
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 swim trunks
- All the old socks and underwear you can find (when they need a wash, just throw them away and hit the Wal-Mart when and if needed
- 1 pair of cheap and light weight footwear (again, disposable)
- Camera and cellphone
Back to the Articles Page
Dirty Girl Motor Racing
. . . Power to weight is an exponential advantage!
The DirtyGirlMotorRacing.com logo is designed by Shane Finigan
DirtyGirlMotorRacing.com website is owned, created and hosted by Andrea Goodman AGWebServices.com